South Valley: Trip from Cusco
Price from: $ 75 USD
Day trips from Cusco: South Valley
Explore the enchanting Cusco South Valley on this captivating tour, a mere 60 minutes southwest of Cusco. Discover the awe-inspiring Inca structures of Tipon, Pikillaqta, Rumicolca, and the renowned Andahuaylillas, often referred to as the “Sistine Chapel of America.”
Embark on a guided journey through the Cusco Southern Valley, taking leisurely strolls to reach remarkable architectural marvels like Tipon, featuring intricate hydraulic water channels. Wander through the pre-Inca streets of Pikillaqta and other notable sites.
Over time, the Cusco South Valley Tour has gained immense popularity, attracting visitors with its plethora of megalithic ruins, including the mesmerizing Tipon fountain, the historic Inca trails of Pikillaqta, and the breathtaking Andahuaylillas, celebrated for its Sistine Chapel of America adorned with fresco paintings depicting the path to heaven and hell.
South Valley 1 Day
Experience the cultural richness and breathtaking natural beauty of Cusco's South Valley on our featured tour. Discover the archaeological and cultural treasures that make this excursion a unique experience.
Activities to Explore on the Cusco South Valley Tour:
- Rumi Punku: Witness the grand stone gate marking the entrance to Cusco from the south during the Inca empire.
- Andahuaylillas: Experience the exquisite Sistine Chapel of America, adorned with several frescoes on its internal walls.
- Pikillaqta: Explore the majestic pre-Inca metropolis citadel, featuring surprising constructions of houses, streets, and Inca roads from the Wari culture.
- Tipon: Visit the temple of spring water, marveling at its various channels, primary and secondary sources, and the ingenious Inca water channels designed to regulate water speed for irrigating the entire architectural complex of Tipon.
Cusco Southern Valley Tour Itinerary
The Cusco Southern Valley Tour kicks off at 9 in the morning, with hotel pick-up ensuring a convenient start for our visitors. Our route takes us southwest via Saylla, leading to various Inca archaeological gems, including Tipon, Pikillaqta, Rumicolca, and the renowned Sistine Chapel of America.
Short walks of 8 to 18 minutes await at each Inca archaeological site, guiding us to the main attractions like the Tipon fountain, the streets, patios, and houses of Pikillaqta.
As the tour concludes, we return to Cusco. For those seeking a culinary adventure, there's an optional stop in Tipon to savor locally renowned baked guinea pig, adding a flavorful touch to your Southern Valley experience.
Brief Description Of Cusco South Valley Ruins:
1. Tipon Ruins: Explore the spectacular Tipon archaeological complex, a testament to Inca engineering excellence. Marvel at the imperial-style buildings, terrace systems, and strategic water extraction canals. The unique ritual cutting and hydraulic irrigation system showcase the ingenuity of Inca architects.
2. Pikillaqta Ruins: Discover the architectural wonders of Pikillaqta, a Pre-Inca metropolis citadel with harmonious geometric designs. With intertwining streets leading to colossal courtyards, Pikillaqta once housed around fifteen thousand people. Explore the intriguing blend of Andean landscapes with Wari culture's ancient citadels.
3. Rumi Punku Ruins: Ascend to the pyramidal ruins of Rumi Punku, featuring fine Inca masonry. At its summit, a channel hints at the advanced water transportation system to Pikillaqta.
4. Andahuaylillas - Sistine Chapel of America: Experience the allure of the Andahuaylillas Sistine Chapel of America, renowned for its stunning Cuzco School of Art paintings. The frescoes on walls, ceilings, arches, and choir balcony showcase intricate artistry with Andean influences.
- Excellent English-Speaking Tourist Guide.
- Private Tourist Transportation.
- Transfer Service for the entire sightseeing tour.
- Local Taxes: All local taxes are covered in the cost of the tour.
- Hotel or Airbnb in Cusco
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTG)
- Partial Tickets
- Entrance to Andahuaylillas Church
- Plate of Roasted Cuy
- Personal Use Items
Preparations for the Cusco South Valley Tour:
- Comfortable Footwear:
- Waterproof Clothing:
- Long Sleeve or Adventure Shirts: 5:
- Reusable Water Bottle:
- Camera or Cell Phone:
- Cash in Peruvian Currency
SOUTH VALLEY GALLERY
|Ideal group size:
|1 to 16 explorers
|Recommended age for the tour:
|Participants must be at least 18 years old to embark on a solo Tierra Biru adventure. For minors accompanied by a guardian aged 21 or older, the minimum age is 6.
Why Choose Tierra Biru Expeditions?
Our Tripadvisor Reviews
Ótima experiência – A tierra Biru me recepcionou muito bem no aeroporto. Em todos os momentos me tratou muito bem. Os guias falavam espanhol bem devagar, então era possível entender tudo, mesmo para… read more
28 August, 2023