One day trekking to Rainbow Mountain
Price from: $ 60.00 USD
Rainbow Mountain - 1 Day Trek
Rainbow Mountain Expedition in One Day: Immerse yourself in the breathtaking hues of Vinicunca Mountain, famously recognized as Rainbow Mountain. Situated in the Peruvian Andes, embark on a captivating 70-minute trek from Llactoc in Cusipata to reach this extraordinary geological marvel. Revel in the enchanting landscapes along the way and culminate your journey with an indelible panorama nestled amidst the snow-draped mountain ranges.
Discover the Wonders of Rainbow Mountain, Peru: Elevate your adventure without the need for extended commitments by opting for a single-day hike to Rainbow Mountain in Peru’s Cordillera Vilcanota range! Marvel at awe-inspiring scenery and encounter diverse wildlife as you traverse the distinctive terrain. Immerse yourself in nature, forging a connection with your surroundings on an unforgettable expedition to the Seven Color Mountains in Peru. Brace yourself for the awe-inspiring views that await
- Physical Difficulty: Tough
- Peak Altitude: Rainbow Pass Summit at 5,100m (16,732 ft)
Rainbow Mountain Trek: 1 Day
DescriptionVinicunca, also recognized as the Rainbow Mountain in Peru, stands as a renowned and awe-inspiring trekking spot amidst the Andes Mountains. The mountain is celebrated for its vibrant striped formations composed of sedimentary minerals, crafting a panorama adorned with hues of red, purple, yellow, and green. Ascending this 17,000-foot peak promises an unparalleled spectacle of this surreal terrain. Whether you are a novice hiker or a seasoned climber, embarking on this trek is an opportunity not to be overlooked!
- Service Type: Private
- DOOR-TO-DOOR Pickup: Cusco Hotel
- Hotel Pickup Time: 05:30
- Departure Time for the Trip: 05:30
- Flexible Trip Start Times: As the service is private, the adventure to 7 Color Mountain, Peru, can commence at the client's preferred hour, with options including:
- 04:30 a.m.
- 06:00 a.m.
- 07:00 a.m.
- 08:00 a.m.
- Travel Duration from Cusco to Llactoc (Start of the Vinicunca Mountain Adventure in Peru):
- Approximately 3 hours (2 hours on the highway and 1 hour on a dirt road)
- Starting Altitude of Rainbow Mountain Peru, Vinicunca Trek: Llaqtoc 4,900 meters/16,076 feet
- Hiking Time to the Summit: 70 minutes
- Distance Covered in the Hike: 7 km/4.3 miles
- Altitude of the Rainbow Mountain Peru Pass: 5,100 meters (16,732 feet)
- Adventure Difficulty: Challenging Ascent! Moderate Descent
- Meals Provided: Box Lunch "Lunch"
- Additional Note: Complimentary walking sticks are available upon request. Feel free to reach out to us.
- Return Time to Cusco: Between 13:30 and 17:30.
Rainbow Mountain Trek AvailabilityDAILY OPERATION: "We temporarily suspend operations from mid-January to mid-March 2024 during the rainy season. However, if clients express a desire to visit the Rainbow Mountain during this period, we are more than willing to organize the adventure experience."
Trekking the Vibrant Rainbow Mountain
We set out from Cusco at 5:30 a.m. The captivating journey through the vibrant Andes mountain range begins just 3 hours south of Cusco. Traveling in a southerly direction, we traverse extraordinary valleys and ravines, treating our senses to breathtaking panoramic views. This entails a 2-hour drive followed by 1 hour on a dirt road, taking us from Cusipata to Llactoc.
The mesmerizing, multicolored mountains guide us to the vicinity of the snow-capped Ausangate, where adventurers are captivated by the natural splendor and the "impressive environment of the 07 colors, complemented by the snow-covered peaks of southern Cusco."
In Llactoc, there are three designated parking lots. This marks the commencement of our adventurous 70-minute hike to the summit of the expansive, colorful mountains, with the final 18 minutes involving an uphill ascent with some steps. Immerse yourself in the natural habitat of Peru's Rainbow Mountain. The Vinicunca tour guides us through ancient, vibrant villages where the locals converse in the language of the Incas, "Quechua or Runasimi." They have safeguarded the Andes of Peru for centuries, gradually revealing the wonders of the rugged Andes landscape.
- Engage in distinctive outdoor hiking experiences around Vinicunca
- Accompanied by a qualified outdoor tour guide
- Enjoy private round-trip transportation from Cusco to Llactoc
- Access to the Rainbow Mountains hiking trail
- Savor a Box Lunch with dietary preferences catered to; choices available: vegan, vegetarian, etc.
- Receive a portable oxygen balloon along with a comprehensive first aid kit
- Receive logistical support before and throughout the guided tour of Vinicunca or Montaña Arcoiris
- All applicable Peruvian taxes included
- Accommodations at a Cusco Hotel or Cusco Airbnb
- Hotel-provided breakfast
- Trekking poles are recommended
- Coverage for travel, health, or emergency insurance
- Personal items not covered in the inclusions
What to Bring for Hiking Rainbow Mountain, Peru:
Considering that the Ausangate glacier and snowy Ausangate Mountain stand in proximity to the Rainbow Mountains, the climate in the Andes south of Cusco, where they are situated, is known for its variability. It is strongly recommended to come prepared with complete winter clothing, even if the weather forecast appears favorable.
- Opt for an excellent daypack such as the Eagle Creek Afar Backpack or an equivalent for carrying your hiking essentials.
- Choose lighter trekking boots with robust ankle support.
- Pack one pair of hiking pants—avoid jeans.
- Bring a rain jacket.
- Carry a warm winter jacket.
- Don't forget to bring necessary medications.
- Include iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness.
- Apply sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher is recommended).
- Carry a reusable plastic or metal water container.
- Include bandages or moleskin for any unexpected needs.
- Bring extra money for souvenirs and beverages.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN GALLERY
|Trekking Experience with Ecological Focus
|Recommended group size:
|1 to 16 explorers
|Moderate and Difficult
|Recommended age for the tour:
|Participants must be at least 18 years old to embark on a solo Tierra Biru adventure. For minors accompanied by a guardian aged 21 or older, the minimum age is 6.