Lima: 3-hour tour of the larco museum
Price from: $60 USD
Lima: larco museum tOUR
Larco Museum: A Journey Through Peruvian History
The Larco Museum is a museum located in the center of Lima, Peru. It is known for its collection of pre-Columbian art, which includes over 45,000 pieces.
During this day tour, you will visit the Larco Museum and learn about Peruvian history. You will also have the opportunity to see up close some of the most impressive pieces in the collection, which include ceramics, gold, silver, and textiles.
This tour is a great way to learn about Peruvian culture and history. You will see up close some of the most important artifacts in the country and discover how ancient Peruvians lived and worked.
Larco Museum Tour
Overview of the 3-hour tour of the Larco Museum
The Larco Museum is a museum located in downtown Lima, Peru. It is known for its collection of pre-Columbian art, which includes more than 45,000 pieces. The collection spans from pre-Inca times to the Inca empire, and includes ceramics, gold, silver, textiles and much more.
The Larco Museum is a must-see for any visitor to Lima. It is an excellent way to learn about the history and culture of Peru.
Here are some of the highlights of the Larco Museum Tour:
- The Ceramics Collection: The Larco Museum's ceramics collection is one of the largest and most comprehensive in the world. It includes pieces from all over Peru, dating from the Chavín culture (900-200 BC) to the Inca empire (1400-1533 AD).
- The Gold Collection: The Larco Museum's gold collection is also world-renowned. It includes jewelry, figurines, and other objects made from gold, silver, and other precious metals.
- The Textile Collection: The Larco Museum's textile collection is another treasure trove. It includes textiles from all over Peru, dating from pre-Inca times to the colonial era.
- The Erotic Ceramics Collection: The Larco Museum is also known for its collection of erotic ceramics. These ceramics, which date from the Moche culture (100-800 AD), are some of the most explicit and well-preserved examples of pre-Columbian art.
Larco Museum Tour: 3-Hours Itinerary
Pickup from the accommodation in Lima at 09:00/09:30 am. It showcases the largest collection of jewelry worn by various rulers of pre-Columbian Peru.
It consists of a collection of crowns, ear ornaments, nose rings, jewelry, masks, and spectacles, finely crafted in gold and adorned with semi-precious stones. The ancient cultures of Peru depicted their daily lives in pottery, and this museum has a significant collection of erotic pottery. It displays 10,000 years of pre-Columbian Peruvian history. This gallery, organized chronol ogically, provides visitors with a comprehensive view of the cultures that existed in pre-Columbian Peru through artifacts that survived the conquest of Peru in the 16th century. The gallery is divided into four areas: North Coast, Central Coast, South Coast, and the Andes.
We will return to the accommodation in Lima around 13:00 h.
- Transfer from accommodation in Lima.
- Entrance fees.
- Bilingual guide.
- Return transfer to accommodation in Lima.
- Meals not specified in the itinerary.
Essentials for Larco Museum Tour:
- Walking shoes or sneakers.
- Hat or cap.
- Cameras / video cameras and chargers.
- Water bottle.
LARCO MUSEUM TOUR GALLERY
|Ideal group size:
|1 to 18 explorers
|Recommended age for the tour:
|Participants must be at least 18 years old to embark on a solo Tierra Biru adventure. For minors accompanied by a guardian aged 21 or older, the minimum age is 6.