Full Day Excursion to Humantay Lake
Price from: $ 75.00 USD
Humantay Lake Day Trip
1 DAY HIKE
Embark on an awe-inspiring journey with the Cusco Humantay Lake Tour, opt for the exclusive Humantay Lake Private Tour, or treat yourself to a captivating day trip to Humantay Lake. Delve into the untouched beauty, serenity at high altitudes, and enchanting landscapes during these memorable excursions in the heart of Peru.
Uncover the marvels of Peru through our Humantay Lake Tour from Cusco. Immerse yourself in astonishing landscapes, turquoise waters, and Andean tranquility. Secure your unforgettable adventure for a day filled with exploration and natural beauty.
The Humantay Lake Tour stands as one of the hidden gems in the southern Peruvian highlands. Venture into the breathtaking scenic landscapes of the Humantay and Salkantay Andes, igniting the spirit of exploration as you approach the fantastic turquoise lagoon of Humantay.
- Physical Difficulty: Easy
- Peak Altitude: Rainbow Pass Summit at 4,283 meters (14,051 feet).
Humantay Lake Day Trip
DescriptionExplore the allure of Lake Humantay in Peru, described as "a turquoise gem surrounded by snow-capped peaks." The journey commences in the historic city of Cusco, leading you through the scenic landscapes of the Mollepata Valley. As you ascend gradually, the captivating beauty of Humantay Lake unfolds before you. This guided tour is curated for nature enthusiasts and those with a passion for cultural exploration.
- Departure Time: 5:00 AM
- Distance from Cusco to Soraypampa: 124 km (7 miles)
- Travel Duration from Cusco to Soraypampa: Approximately 3 hours of overland travel
- Starting Elevation: Soraypampa, 3,923 meters (12,870 feet)
- Trek Distance from Soraypampa to Humantay Lake: 7 km (4.3 miles)
- Hiking Duration: 3-hour round-trip hike
- Maximum Altitude of Humantay Lake Full Day Hike from Cusco: 4,283 meters (14,051 feet)
- Hike Difficulty: Challenging to Moderate
- Meals: Box Lunch
- Estimated Return Time to Cusco after the Humantay Lake Tour Experience: Between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Upon Arrival in Cusco: Clients will be dropped off at their respective hotels.
Humantay Lake AvailabilityAvailable every day of the year; however, it is recommended to plan your visit between mid-March and December.
Humantay Lake Tour Full Day: Itinerary Overview
Morning: Hike Along the Humantay Lagoon
- Humantay Lake Hike begins with hotel pickup, heading northwest from Cusco to Soraypampa.
- Arrive at Mollepata for an optional local breakfast (not included) with picturesque colonial-style houses.
- Reach Soraypampa and commence the Cusco Humantay Lake Tour, starting with a 40-minute semi-flat slope hike, followed by a 1-hour-and-20-minute ascent to the stunning turquoise Humantay Lake.
Midday: Photo Op at Salkantay and Humantay Glaciers
- Enjoy a captivating photo opportunity at Salkantay and Humantay Glaciers surrounding Humantay Turquoise Lagoon.
Afternoon: The Journey Back
- Begin the descent back to Soraypampa, relishing the breathtaking Andean scenery along the way.
- Return to Cusco, concluding the Humantay Lake Full Day Hike.
Optional: Humantay Lake Tour on Horseback Riding
- Horse rental services are available at the start of the walk to Humantay Lagoon. The horseback service covers uphill sections, leaving visitors with just a 20-minute walk to the top of Lake Humantay. If interested, please contact us in advance to arrange for horseback riding during the Humantay Lake Tour.
- Engaging activities centered around Lake Humantay, Cusco
- Local guided tour service in English
- Cusco-Soraypampa-Cusco: Private transportation with fuel and a professional driver
- Entrance ticket to the Humantay Lagoon and the hiking circuit
- Meals: Box Lunch
- Portable oxygen tank and a first aid kit
- All local Peruvian taxes
- Cusco Hotel or Airbnb
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Travel insurance
- Horse rental
- Tips at discretion for the tour guide and the vehicle driver
What to bring for our Humantay Lake Full Day Hike From Cusco:
- A high-quality, comfortable backpack for carrying belongings during the Humantay Lake hike
- Lightweight trekking boots with solid ankle support
- Hiking pants or suitable mountain gear for day hikes in the Andes
- Rain gear or at least a rain poncho, as rain can occur at any time of the year in the Andes; the dry season is from May to November
- A thermal sweater for the chilly Andean region near Lake Humantay or a mountain jacket for cold weather
- A basic personal first aid kit for high-altitude hiking in the Andes
- Iron tablets and pills for altitude sickness
- Sunscreen with an SPF of 45 or higher is recommended. Preserving the environment around the southern Peruvian Andes and the Humantay Lake Hike tourist route is essential.
- Water in two bottles, each holding 700 milliliters or two liters. We recommend a reusable bottle, as there are local shops where you can replenish bottled water.
- Extra cash in Peruvian currency for personal items, etc. Additionally, US dollars are accepted in local shops and other locations for purchases, etc.
HUMANTAY LAKE GALLERY
|Trekking Experience with Ecological Focus
|Recommended group size:
|1 to 16 explorers
|Moderate and Difficult
|Recommended age for the tour:
|Participants must be at least 18 years old to embark on a solo Tierra Biru adventure. For minors accompanied by a guardian aged 21 or older, the minimum age is 6.